Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Blog 1- 5 News Sources

My top 5 news sources:

1. Facebook

Facebook has gotten more and more news oriented over the past several years. It has been more political than ever. Every time I go on my feed, I see at least 10 political posts in a span of 15 minutes scrolling through it. Especially with older adults on the app, I see politics on it more than anyone sharing what they did last weekend. I also have seen many advertisements of news outlets on my feed as well. 

2. News 12

News 12 is a Connecticut news station. I mainly used to watch it when I got home from high school and I would fall asleep to it. They cover Connecticut news and also the Bronx, Brooklyn, Hudson Valley, Long Island, New Jersey, and Westchester. They cover school closings, traffic, weather, and more that is happening around the community. 

3. Buzzfeed

Buzzfeed is a huge website that covers media, news, and entertainment. I often see ads of this company of Facebook. They have eye catching headlines that I click on often. The most recent one I can think of is the current situation in England right now with the Duchess and Prince moving to America to start their own life. It is not entirely about politics yet it is very news related. 

4. Forbes Magazine 

Forbes is an American Business Magazine. It was first issued in 1917. I first found out about this magazine from Kylie Jenner. They wrote an article about her being a self made billionaire. I have disagreed for years with Forbes about this piece. She is not self made. This magazine covers mostly business but also breaking news, technology, and lifestyle. 

5. Redding Pilot

My small hometown in Connecticut has had a newspaper business for as long as I can remember. My sisters and I have been featured in it many times. Since my town is so small, they really only cover things that happen in schools. There are about 5 businesses in my town and they cover that as well. Although it is a newspaper that doesn't say much, they still make it work and show that fun things are happening in Redding. 




No comments:

Post a Comment